It's been a while since I last wrote, huh? Sorry for the, umm, rather lengthy delay. But do thank my buddy Jason for inspiring me to post my answers to the questions asked by James Lipton on Inside the Actors Studio. Enjoy!
What is your favorite word?
My favorite word to say out loud is Madagascar. I just love the way it rolls off the tongue. But I think my favorite word, in general, is “hope.”
What is your least favorite word?
The n-word. I have a visceral hatred for that word because it has been used so venomously (and still is, unfortunately) to hurt people.
What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
Traveling. New experiences. Laughter. Music. Kids. The power and resilience of the human spirit.
What turns you off creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
People who pass judgment. Passive-aggressiveness. Monotony. Pomposity. Closed-mindedness. Ignorance.
What sound or noise do you love?
A come-hither guitar riff. My nieces giggling. The crack of a bat hitting a ball. A rested sigh from my dog, Cajun. A drum corps playing in perfect unison. Thunderstorms. Breakfast being cooked in the kitchen. Bagpipes. The din of a cocktail party. The sound of my soul mate’s voice telling me, with every fiber of his being, that he truly, deeply loves me, even with all my imperfections (I haven’t heard this yet, but I sure hope to someday).
What sound or noise do you hate?
Babies crying. Oh, that sound just causes me so much anxiety because I just hate the fact that a helpless, innocent little baby could be so distraught. The physical reaction I feel when I hear the sound of babies crying is, at times, overwhelming.
What is your favorite curse word?
If you know me at all, you know I’m never at a loss for a curse word (much to the chagrin of my Mother). I do use swear words strategically, though, and that’s because I don’t think people understand how truly ineffective curse words become when overused. So I’m definitely a proponent of strategic swearing. And I absolutely know when NOT to swear, which is equally, if not more important, than knowing how to swear effectively. But when push comes to shove, and I really, really, really need to get a solid curse out of my system b/c of extreme anger or whatever, I can pretty much bank on “MOTHERFUCKER” being the choice.
What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
Speech/public speaking/presentation skills teacher, then kinesiologist, followed by rock ‘n’ roll star.
What profession would you not like to do?
Any job that would put me in a position to injure or kill a human being.
If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you get to the pearly gates?
Yes, you made mistakes. Lots of them. I forgave them. Time for you to do the same. And be quick about it, because you’ve got some people waiting for you. So get in there, find them, and enjoy that cold beer you’ve been dying for (ba-dum-bum).
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well done, Tucker. I dig a lot of your favorite sounds (cocktail party... gooood.)
I think I read somewhere that humans are actually hardwired to have a visceral reaction to the sound of babies crying. Survival of the species sorta thing.
Post a Comment