What a mess.
Today, I found out that the movers won't be coming for 21 days. This wouldn't have been a problem if Carlos, my salesman from AUTHORIZED MOVERS hadn't promised that my items would be delivered by September 4th or 5th.
In short, this makes Authorized Movers BIG FAT LIARS.
I was told that Carlos was fired for overpromising delivery dates to consumers. Well, thank goodness. Soooo glad Carlos was fired because, umm, THAT DOES NOT HELP ME AT ALL.
That said: DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT EVER USE AUTHORIZED MOVERS!!!!
Okay, so moving on... in an earlier post, I mentioned that the thing I was most concerned about is my dad's motorcycle. He was supposed to ride it back to Chicago from Boise. Guess that's not happening any more, especially because the motorcycle -- and all of my stuff -- is still sitting in storage in Chicago. GREEEEEEEAAAAAAT.
My Dad is great, but believe me, he's NOT the most adaptable guy. So when I explained that he'd have to fly home and then pick up his motorcycle from storage, he was IRATE. I understand this completely. And believe me, no one feels more bad about this than me. But I also know that, at the end of the day, things could be a LOT worse.
I mean, at this point, I'm just trying to remain calm and keep things in perspective. Yeah, it's inconvenient to be without my stuff for a couple of weeks. In fact, I would've packed a little differently had I known this was going to be the case.... maybe some work clothes, a hair dryer, some more underwear... you know, stuff like that. But at least the stuff is safe (I hope). At least WE arrived safely. Right?
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment