

I am exhausted. I am finally relaxing after 11 hours of driving through Iowa and halfway through Nebraska. I have learned a few new things:
1. I have a low threshold for eating fast food. I would seriously kill for a really good garden salad with lots of veggies of various colors. And no, Wendy's, your "oriental chicken salad that is just a bunch of iceberg lettuce with a few mandarin oranges on top" does not count as a really good garden salad.
2. My Dad is so enthralled with naming the year/make/model/paint color of every American car built since The Model T that he has a tendency to veer off the road while he's behind the wheel.
3. Iowa has the nicest rest stops I've ever seen.
4. Cajun, my dog, likes to play in Nebraska cornfields.
Tomorrow I hope to be writing from my new home in Boise, but not until I pass through Wyoming and Utah, first!
No comments:
Post a Comment